Police Blotter

Compiled by Judy Thompson


   The following report is taken from information provided by the Lewistown Police Department and does not represent the total scope of police activity. All persons are innocent until proven guilty.


July 29

• At 12:33 a.m. a person reported receiving a call from a male saying he was homeless and was going to dig through garbage. Officers were advised.

• At 1:31 a.m. a 911 caller reported an intoxicated male not making sense and doesn’t know where he is. Officers responded.

• At 4:14 a.m. a person reported an intoxicated male on his hands and knees throwing his shoes around. Officers responded to the area.

• At 5:48 a.m. a person reported a male face down on the ground. Officers responded. The male was intoxicated and walked to a friend’s house.

• At 10:15 a.m. a person reported someone had stolen a doll off of his front porch. Officers were advised. 

• At 4:31 p.m. a 911 caller reported a male was assaulting him and his girlfriend. Officers responded. 

• At 5:20 p.m. a person requested assistance getting an intoxicated male out of their apartment. Officers responded.

• At 5:27 p.m. a person reported a young male was sitting on some steps and looked very out of place. Officers responded and checked on the male.

• At 5:48 p.m. a 911 caller reported she found a baby owl with a broken wing. Fish and Game was notified. 

• At 9:38 p.m. a person reported a house had multiple dogs that bark continuously. Officers responded and the information was forwarded to Animal Control.


July 30

• At 6:06 a.m. a 911 caller reported a fire on the side of the highway near Cheadle Hall and there was a power pole nearby with a transformer on it. The Cheadle Fire Department responded.

• At 1:50 p.m. an alarm company reported a panic alarm activated at a business. The business called to advise a male in the bathroom yelling and pounding on the walls. Officers responded and the male was arrested.

• At 3:06 p.m. a stubble field fire was reported near Suffolk. The Winifred Fire Department responded.

• At 3:13 p.m. a person reported a male beating the bushes. Officers responded.

• At 5:39 p.m. a person reported a group of males throwing hatchets at trees. Officers responded and advised the males not to throw sharp objects at trees.

• At 8:51 p.m. a 911 caller reported a fire along the highway near Roundup. The information was relayed to the Musselshell County Fire Department. 


July 31

• At 7:12 a.m. a person reported someone was in her house the night before and messed with a ticket. Officers responded.

• At 9:02 a.m. a 911 caller was attempting to make contact with a surgeon in Billings. 

• At 12:04 p.m. a person reported a male threatened her by shoving his finger in her face and chest. Officers responded.

• At 2:46 p.m. another agency requested air assistance for a fire that was moving towards structures. The agency was given the BLM dispatch phone number.

• At 2:51 p.m. a person reported a family left their child in a restaurant. The family called in and advised they were on their way back to get the child. Officers responded, but the family was gone. 

Aug. 1 

• At 11:07 a.m. a 911 caller reported a semi created multiple fires along the ditch on Mt. Highway 80. The Stanford Fire Department, the Windham Fire Department, the Denton Fire Department, the Coffee Creek Fire Department, the Geraldine Fire Department and BLM responded. 

• At 1:39 p.m. a 911 caller reported a two-vehicle accident on the Truck Bypass. One of the drivers was transported to the Fergus County Sheriff’s Office for DUI.

•At 4:30 p.m.  Child and Family Services asked to speak with officers about an individual to see if they were able to do foster care. An officer spoke with them.

• At 8:16 p.m. a 911 caller reported a fire east of Winnett. The Winnett Fire Department responded.

• At 8:42 p.m. a person reported two vehicles were parked in the roadway causing traffic to drive around them. The person was concerned it may cause an accident. Officers responded and spoke with the individuals and they moved the cars.

• At 9:12 p.m. a person reported smoke south west of town. No specific area. The Fergus County Sheriff’s Office was advised and a deputy responded, but could not locate any source of smoke.

• At 11:14 p.m. an officer advised a citizen notified him of two vehicles that had been driving around with their lights off and speeding. 




Do you think the coronavirus will spread into Central Montana?