Sheriff's log

The following report is taken from information provided by the Fergus County Sheriff’s Department and does not represent the total scope of the sheriff’s department’s activity. All persons are innocent until proven guilty.

Nov. 23
• At 8:46 p.m. a person was booked into county jail after being arrested by the Lewistown Police Department. The individual had three warrants out from the Havre City Court, including two for theft, and one warrant from the Hill County Justice Court. The person also received a citation for not having auto insurance during their arrest.

Nov. 24
• At 9:47 a.m. a man reported potentially poisoned game burger near the road. He felt someone might be trying to maliciously solve recent issues with neighbor dogs running loose. The man asked if there was a place to test the meat, and offered to bring it into town after discovering there wasn’t. Dispatch asked why the man suspected poison, and he cited a recent paper’s listing about a man wanting to watch a deputy shoot a dog. The caller dropped off the burger. A deputy described it as rancid, as if it was something a dog found in the garbage.
• At 10:05 p.m. the Lewistown Police Department brought someone to the county jail for a DUI.
• At 10:30 p.m. a woman arrested by the Lewistown Police Department for a DUI; criminal possession of dangerous drugs and of drug paraphernalia; and a right-of-way violation was booked into jail.

Nov. 25
• At 12:27 a.m. dispatch picked up a Central Montana Dispatch radio conversation concerning a traffic accident and a possible broken leg. A deputy responded, reporting it was a single-vehicle accident with a driver who’d gone off the road.
• At 10:59 p.m. a deputy arrested a woman during a traffic stop. She was arrested for driving while suspended and not carrying proof of insurance, and then booked in county jail.

Nov. 26
• At 8:38 a.m. a man reported someone had shot and left a bull elk on his property. He said he hadn’t seen the animal when passing the area the previous evening, but people stopped to tell him about it this morning.
• At 11:03 a.m. a man reported finding skeletal remains he believed to be human. A deputy picked up the bones before visiting the place where they had been found.
• At 12:20 p.m. Central Montana Dispatch transferred over a call about malicious messages. A woman stated someone was texting her grandson death threats. The grandson clarified the messages were coming over Facebook. The boy was told to keep the messages, and said he didn’t feel there was any immediate danger. A deputy talked to the grandson later that afternoon.



Where is your favorite place to go camping in Central Montana?